Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I've Always Wanted To Be

I've always enjoyed walking/running on treadmills.  When my family joined a gym when I was in high school, the treadmill was my favorite.  The bad part was that you could only stay on it for 20 minutes at a time or else you'd have someone breathing down your neck until you got off.  Then when I moved into my first apartment they had a little gym with some treadmills.  It was such a relaxing thing.  I could go by myself or with my man and just stay on that treadmill until I got tired.  Now, I've never been a runner, but I've always wanted to be.  So.....

My New Friend

That's right.  At home treadmill!  I pretty much had to beg Jim to buy it.  We're really trying to cut back on our spending and a $600 treadmill isn't really a small purchase.  He finally agreed when I promised to use it everyday and to stay strictly to our budget for a while.  I squeeeeed with joy when I showed up at the house.  I personally put it together.  I can watch whatever I want on TV, listen to music on it; it's great.  I've been on it almost every day since it came in the beginning of January.  Here's a little proof. 




Then I get an email from my sister, Kara.  She asks if I need outside motivation to exercise.  A 5K run/walk (but I only think of it as a run).  She's running in it, do I want to run with her?  What it boils down to is that it's a goal.  I haven't had a concrete goal in a while.  I've never run in any race.  I think the last time I was entered in a race was in elementary school and I stayed home from school that day because I was "sick."  

I said, "Yes, I will run with you."  

Baby steps for me.  I'm three training runs in and I'm pretty positive I can accomplish this goal.  Who knows what I could get done after this.

Much Run/Walking










No comments:

Post a Comment