Saturday, June 8, 2013

Thank You

From one part time job, to two part time jobs, to one FULL TIME job!  I got a full time job making just under what I made at Borders as a sales manager!  I'm back, baby!  It's been over two years since my last full time job at a living wage and it still feels surreal.

I know a lot of people have it worse than me.  I'm aware of that.  But this has been my personal worst time financially.  I'm built to have pride for providing for myself.  A big part of my identity comes from being as self sufficient as possible.

It gives me so much peace knowing I will not worry as much about money.  I can throw away my Cal Fresh application now and think about saving money for the future.  I can stop watching my clothes fall apart.  I can leave my credit card at home now.  I can quiet the nagging voice in the back of my head always telling me that I'm broke I can't afford that I can't go there Gas is so expensive I can't do that Can't buy that Can't fix that Please don't let my truck break down Going to have to put it on the credit card.

Fear.  Living in constant fear is what it comes down to.  No more.

From the bottom of my heart...Thank you, Mom.

1 comment:

  1. Yayy, Erin!! I miss you, friend. We have to catch up. It's been too long. Love you.

    ReplyDelete