Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Flag

I don't know what to say about my life right now.  It's very quiet.  But of my own making.  I feel like a hermit crab.  I only come out of my shell when I want to.  I feel myself falling back into my slow starting ways.  Maybe I'm fortifying myself.
Shielding myself for my 31st year in life.  
After having bettered my circumstances, a.k.a. getting a full time job with benefits, I thought I would be "happy." And I was about that part of my life.  But I've re-remembered that happiness is meant to be fleeting.  You can't be happy all the time.  Satisfaction or contentedness is more of what I'm shooting for.  I read something beautiful this morning.  
Let me see if I can find it again.......45 minutes later (sorry, Tumblr is distracting):

"When you look upon another human being and feel great love toward them, or when you contemplate beauty in nature and something within you responds deeply to it, close your eyes for a moment and feel the essence of that love or that beauty within you, inseparable from who you are, your true nature. The outer form is a temporary reflection of what you are within, in your essence. That is why love and beauty can never leave you, although all outer forms will."
                                                                                                    – Eckhart Tolle


This is what I will practice.  When happiness comes upon me, when I recognize the joy I feel when being with someone I love dearly, or doing something that makes me proud, I will revel in it.  I will close my eyes and put down a little memory flag.  Or maybe just say thank you.  Thank you for that moment. 


No comments:

Post a Comment