Saturday, April 2, 2011

By Example




My mom had the great idea of taking some pictures of her's and my father's hands.  







I love taking pictures of them because I still see the love they have for each other after 39 years. 






They are the ultimate role models for everything "relationships."





Dad had to take off the band-aids on his hand because he had some dings from stopping a dog fight.  He always has small cuts or bruises on his hands because he "get's stuff done."  Plus, he thinks he doesn't have very good small motor skills.




Mom doesn't seem to mind.





I feel extremely lucky that my parents are still together.  Most of the people I know have divorced parents or one parent is totally out of their life.  I really can't imagine what that's like.





It's really beautiful watching them together.  






At 29, and their youngest child, I have true appreciation for what they have accomplished for their family and for each other.  I can only try to live by what they've taught me by example.





Much Love
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment