Friday, July 8, 2011

A Little Trouble

It's been so hot lately that I've stopped going outside if I can help it.  I feel bad for the dogs because they aren't getting walked but if they knew how hot it was outside, they'd thank me.

Contradicting what I just said, we did take the dogs out to a part of the river I thought might be shallow enough for them to play around in without being swept away and drowned.  I didn't know that Jim and I might get into a little trouble out there ourselves.

Under the  Bridge

So hot


Puppies having fun





Wick



Yay!





Little Wolf




Buddies
So after we walked all far to find a place we could go in the river without going up to our chest we found an in.  I guess Jim thought he wouldn't get dirty when I told him I wanted to take the dogs to play in the river so he wore flip flops.  But the dogs were having fun and Jim and I were getting our feet wet and it was all good until we went out a little farther.  The dogs are small, Jim and I are not.  We didn't know that we would sink down so far into the river silt that it was like quicksand and for a second, with my very expensive camera in my hand, I didn't know if I could get out.  I didn't get a good picture of this as an example because I was trying to not die in the Kern River.    The best I got was this.


I went down almost to my hip.

Bugs from a distance



Jimmy is not happy with me.


It was pretty, even if it was 102 degrees.





Buddies
Anywho, I had fun, the dogs had fun, I'm pretty sure Jimmy had unexpected fun.  That river is no playground, though.  

Much Adventure


No comments:

Post a Comment