Saturday, March 12, 2011

Demolition

So the demolition of the laundry room went well.  There was a significant leak from the shower into our bathroom which shares a wall with the laundry room.  The problem is that the mold keeps going behind the hot water heater.  So I'm going to have to disconnect the hot water heater, get all the moldy drywall off, put new drywall on and reconnect the hot water heater.  All before we need hot water.



Before



After

I'm going to get a plumber to come out and check all the connections and maybe see if he could plumb for a utility sink before I close this wall back up.  Then I will put up wall cabinets for lots of storage room and paint.  I will need a second pair of hands to hang the drywall, but it's not a very big area so I don't think it will be too hard.  
I say that now, but I've never drywalled anything.  Well, I did help Dad the first time the laundry room was fixed, but it wasn't a whole wall.  We'll see.  For now, Jim and I are taking our showers in the other bathroom.

Much Love
Erin


No comments:

Post a Comment