Saturday, March 19, 2011

Losing Steam

I feel somewhat down today.  I went to Ikea in Burbank yesterday, but I knew exactly what I needed so I didn't browse or look around, just a straight shot.  Jim and I have spent hours in Ikea.  We've had a lot of "discussions" in Ikea.  But he was sleeping because he'd just come off a 12 hour night at work.  So I went alone.  I went grocery shopping alone.  I remember going with Mom grocery shopping when I was a kid a lot.  Dad worked a lot when we were a young family.

I'm losing a little steam.  But I figure I'll get it back when I start on the laundry room.  Hopefully.  It's hard to have focus when you want to do so many things.  I end up watching ghost hunting shows on T.V.


I bought three wall cabinets for the laundry room at Ikea
and stayed up until 2am putting them together.



I left my job at Borders at the beginning of this blog and now the Bakersfield location will be liquidating and closing down by the end of May.  I feel true sadness for my former co-workers losing their jobs, especially people that have worked there for over 5 years.  It becomes a second family.  Now they won't have that stability and paycheck and I won't be able to see them easily.  I know I won't ever see some of these people again because that's just the way life goes.  But I could care less about the company.  The company is not the company I was hired onto.  I hope they go under all the way and a new bookseller shows up and does it right.


My second home for almost 9 years.


I need to do better with this gift of time Jim is giving me.  I need to get it together.


Much Love
Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment