Monday, May 16, 2011

Convenience = Sick and Fat


We had a little scare with Wickett last night.  He had been throwing up after he ate anything all day yesterday.  But what really scared us was his behavior.  Wickett is extremely sociable.  He loves being around us and wants to be where ever we are.  But last night he was hiding behind the couch and going under the bed.  
We didn't know he could even fit under the bed anymore.

Favorite Spot

I was up with him.  I always put him in our shower when he throws up and I catch it in time.  It's easier to clean up.  He was pretty bad and I was getting really worried.  But it's when he started hiding that the stories of dogs going off to die in a hole started running through my head.  I didn't want my inaction to kill him, so I woke Jim up and told him the situation.  After discussion about money and morals, we decided to go to the 24-hour emergency vet.  After a very long, robotic, medical term laden conversation with the vet on duty it turns out the Wick had a stomachache.  
 

Yeah, you try to give a small dog a huge pill and see which one of you has more fun.
I felt so much better knowing that he wasn't going to die and we were outta there in about an hour.  I slept like a baby, only waking to tell Jim to put the trashcan out.  He's pretty special to us, this little dog, so I hung out with him all day and watched his behavior.  He seems to be back to normal, if a little tired from last night.  But after all this excitement, table scraps will no longer be given in our house.  No matter how cute/ugly he is, he ain't getting nothing.  In fact, we're probably going to go back to wet food feedings twice a day instead of a self-feeder.  Let me tell you, convenience = sick and fat.  I should know this, I'm an American.


Awww
Much Yarking


No comments:

Post a Comment