Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Geeky Things

 I don't remember what I was cooking last week when I dropped my cool 2 cup measuring cup that Jim got me for Christmas one year.  It had fun little facts for measurements like 1/4 cup was equal to 2000 grains of rice and so on.  It was very thin glass and had been chipped already but I was still so sad when I broke it.


Bye bye cool measuring cup


So all I had left was a cheap plastic 1 cup measuring cup.  Then I saw a deal on Slickdeals.  It you haven't heard of Slickdeals.net, it's a great website that combs the internet for deals on anything and posts them for everyone to take advantage of.  Anyway, that's when I bought these babies because they're supposed to be the best and they are very thick (that's what she said).  

Pyrex baby!
Even though I am in my late twenties, I still get these little confirmations that I'm an adult now, a grown up.  Such little things, like measuring cups that will probably be around longer than I will unless I drop them very hard on the ground.  I like being a grown up most of the time, especially when I get geeky things like these.



Much Measuring



No comments:

Post a Comment