Monday, May 2, 2011

I'll Summarize

Jim told me I hadn't blogged in 9 days.
"I know," I said.

I've been unable to find motivation for the last week or so.  I stopped moving and started staring at the TV.  It wasn't my finest moment.  Easter, my Mom's Birthday, a painting project, and making good dinners have all happened since and I'll summarize.  Jim and I had a discussion a few days ago and my better half put my lagging up to my face and said, "You're not doing your part."  I knew I was screwing around.  I feel frustrated and guilty that Jim had to get me back on track.  But it worked.  It's so easy to lose myself, to escape my reality when I have a 55 inch TV in the living room and a love of instructional food and diy TV shows.  Next thing I know a whole week is wasted.

Anyway.


Easter was fun.  The Oswoods showed up and we had some fun.  Here are some of the good ones.


Owen in the wheat field



Dying eggs with mini rollers.


West 


I want flowers like these.


Hide and Seek


No bigger than a bush

Oswoods (West was napping, again)



This was just before they started making out.

My hot sister hiding eggs.

Guy vs. Wickett


"I don't want to do this very often," said Owen.

First Easter


Mmmm...ham.

Good times.  There were more good times when I tagged along on Mom's birthday lunch with Grandma and Aunt Chris.


Presents!



They gave me happy gas when I birthed you.

Chris' first time at The Olive Garden.

57 and 82.  Pretty hot.

Most noticeably on food front, I made some Sourdough bread.  It took 19 hours to get "sour" so it was a pretty chill process.  I followed Alton Brown's guiding hand and it turned out great.  So great it was partially eaten before I could take a picture of it.


"You should make this once a week," Jimmy said.
Another success was this lentil and sausage soup.  We had lentils, we had sausages, and I have a love of soups.

Shoot, I never took that bay leaf out!


Next is the master bedroom.  I completed the first step to making it look how we want it to look.  Now you have to understand the meaning of a bedroom.  At least my meaning of a bedroom.  There is a bed in the room.  There is no TV, no stereo, no DVR, no video games.  There is a bed and a place to store our clothes.  So we decided to paint it a beautiful dark brown and make it somewhat like a cave.  

This is what it looked like before.  


Stupid, gross yellow!


And now it looks like delicious dark chocolate.



Can you tell we like brown?



New dressers, they needed some white to break it up a little.



The whites really pop.  Thinking about crown moulding.



Ummm...chocolate.


Remember, this is only the first step.  Curtains, artwork, some new bedding and it will be perfect. 

So that's what has happened in the past 9 days.  Well, not everything, but that would be a little...much.  I've always said I'm a slow starter, late bloomer, procrastinator.  I though I'd cured that flaw by going to work every day for 8 years.  I don't know, I'm coming to believe that people don't change, but they do learn.  The more you learn about yourself, the more you can deviate from your nature.  The more you can work around your flaws.  This I believe.  Evolution.

Much Love
Erin







1 comment:

  1. Love the bedroom paint, looks so great!
    Everybody needs someone there to motivate them and keep them on track. I'm glad Jimmy is supporting you and helping to keep you moving forward. No one does it alone babe. Stay positive. Love you so so much!

    ReplyDelete