Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Damn You Plumbers

We smelled gas coming from our hot water heater about a week ago so we changed the fittings, changed the hose connecting the main line to the heater, Jim hit his head really super hard on the cabinets.  Still it leaked.  We talked to approximately six plumbers and had three come out to look at it.  I really wish plumbers weren't so expensive.  So expensive Jim and I decided to repair it ourselves.

Damn you plumbers for making us learn!

With prior knowledge given to me by my father, I drained the tank, we, as in Jim, took off the gas control valve and started looking for a replacement, when I think oh yeah, it might be under warranty, so I call and they say (very snootily) yes we'll send you the part, it will be there tomorrow -- for free.  So it's tomorrow, I just got the part, put it in, connected the thermocouple, the igniter wire and I'm guessing the gas line to the burner and am filling up the tank as we speak.  If I die in an explosion, I love you all and at least I died doing something.  Not as cool as a skydiving accident but not too incredibly boring.

So I'm hoping we are at the end of our water heater odyssey but you never know.  If this doesn't work than I'm calling the gas company, which we should have done in the first place, to find out where the leak is and how to fix it.  Wish me luck.

Much Gas Induced Laughter (not really)

No comments:

Post a Comment